Oyster Long-Life Battery GPS Tracker
COMPACT BATTERY POWERED GPS ASSET TRACKING. Up to 4 years once daily location
The Oyster is a compact, rugged GPS tracking device that has been designed for tracking containers, trailers, skip bins, and other assets where super-long battery life is required without sacrificing the frequency of updates and performance.
The IP-67 rated housing is rugged and UV stable, so the Oyster can be mounted on assets that are exposed to rain, dust and marine conditions.
By utilising the latest technology, the Oyster can operate in ultra-low-power modes, and with an incredible battery life of up to 4 years the Oyster can be attached to assets and tracked without needing to change batteries. The Oyster has built-in antennas for GPS reception, a 3D accelerometer, and a high-performance GPS that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously and flash memory for storing non-volatile information.
The Oyster Cellular uses 3 x AA 1.5V “off the shelf ” Lithium batteries. These are generally available at retail outlets from manufacturers like Duracell and Energizer. Industrial 1.5V Lithium AA batteries are also available.
The Lithium batteries have excellent performance and capacity, and allow the Oyster Cellular to be used in extreme temperatures and climatic conditions that other tracking devices simply cannot operate in.
Data Sheet Oyster Data Sheet Oyster 2
- Unpowered Mobile Assets
- Skip Buns
- Electric Bikes, Motorcycles
- Shipping Containers
- Freight & Logistics
- Trailers & Caravans
- Earthmoving, Mining Equipment, Lighting Plants
- Oil & Gas
- Agriculture Equipment & Implements
- Pumps, Generators, Hire Equipment
- Up to 4 years once daily location
- Up to 1 year detailed tracking
- IP67 water and dust proof
- Rugged, robust and low profile
- Off-the-shelf, replaceable Lithium AA batteries
- No install required, simply “place ‘n trace”
- Switch from “locate” to “track” over-the-air
- Battery status and low battery alert
- Unauthorised movement alert
- Integrated accelerometer